« Home | What's Up Mon? » | Time To Act » | Young Men With Knitted Skull Caps Seen From A Fire... » | Amoraim Knew Mishnayos!: Answer » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... » | Removing The Mask » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... » | Yerida » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... » | Riddle-In: A Riddle Designed To Keep People Focuse... »

It's Cool When Your Clothing Matches Your Tzitzis

In a recent post I talked about the power of clothing. I realized that tonight when I put on my Mets cap [courtesy of my friend Yaakov ben Avigdor Shlita] and Mets tee-shirt. [Incidentally when I put the tee-shirt on my wife pointed out to me that it was ripped. I explained that I ripped kriyah once when the Mets lost. She asked if I was serious . I answered in the negative.] I realized that my dream of playing for the Mets has not totally died. It would be great. I could learn full-time and would only play a few times a week for a couple of hours. Plus, there is so much dead time during a game. I could learn in the dugout. And the pay isn't bad... I could finally build Tolna the Beis Medrash they are dreaming of.

The Mets color is close to tcheles. When the Jews saw Mordechai's tcheles they rejoiced [Shoshanas Yaakov tzahala visamecha birosam yachad tcheles Mordechai]. Why were they so happy when they saw his tcheles? The Torah says that when we see our tzitzis we remember all of the mitzvos. Some commentaries understand that the pasuk is referring to the white strings of the tzitzis. But others understand that the pasuk is referring specifically to the tcheles. Tcheles reminds us to keep all of the Mitzvos.[I wonder if everyone understood the depth of my costume.]

The Midrash relates that the Gentiles decreed not only to kill the Jews but to prevent them from keeping the Mitzvos. When they saw Mordechai's tcheles they were reminded that now they can keep all of the Mitzvos.

Truly a reason to rejoice!!!!

A Freilichin Purim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile