« Home | Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness » | Live Forever » | Wonder Of Wonders » | I Am Not Worried » | Special Tefillah Day » | No Status Quo » | The Stocks Go Down But The Spirit Goes Up » | A Halacha A Day Keeps The Yetzer Hara Away » | A Late Prayer » | Casey Prepares Us For Mattan Torah »

The Jerusalem POST

Since I am "posting" I thought it would be apropo to discuss how to affix a mezuza to your doorPOST.

The Shulchan Aruch rules that it should be NAILED on to the doorpost. What about using glue? It is better not to but if it is firmly in place then it is permitted.
[Sova Smachos P. 356]

Rav Schachter writes in Nefesh HaRav (pg. 241) that the mezuzos in Rav Soloveitchik's summer home were attached with scotch tape.

interesting. thanks for the mareh makom.

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile