« Home | I Am Not Worried » | Special Tefillah Day » | No Status Quo » | The Stocks Go Down But The Spirit Goes Up » | A Halacha A Day Keeps The Yetzer Hara Away » | A Late Prayer » | Casey Prepares Us For Mattan Torah » | The Kaddish Of His Life » | Let Us Elect A Marxist!!! » | Talk The Talk »

Wonder Of Wonders

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Susan B. Anthony

The Torah talks about a Nazir in this weeks parsha. A Nazir is one who separates himself [to a certain extent] from this world. The Torah says that when he makes his vow "Ki Yaflee" which literally means: "When he performs a wonder". The Ibn Ezra comments that it is TRULY wondrous when one overcomes his base desires and instincts.

A "Nezer" [related to the word "Nazir"] is a crown. Somebody so elevated is really a king.

There is a story of a student of a great Rabbi who was asked to relate wonders that his Rebbe performed. He replied "Most Tzaddikim do wonders when they get G-d to fulfill their wishes. My Rebbe's wonders are that he fulfills G-d's wishes".

Thanks Rebbetzin Susan for your insight. Worthy of a true Ba'alas Mussar.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile