« Home | Calling People Names - From Tzvi Moshe Kantor » | Holy Shovevim » | New Shiur » | Had To Get This Off My Chest » | Fake Plants » | Two Audio Shiurim On Contemporary Events » | How Can You Tell That Christians Have No Daf-Yomi ... » | Asarah Biteves » | Tzvi Moshe On The Parsha » | Where The True Battle Takes Place »

Listening

By nature I am a very talkative person. But life has taught me that there are few experiences in life more rewarding than LISTENING! We have two ears and only one mouth [maybe] so that we should listen double the amount we speak.

How do we listen properly??

Listen [!] to Dr. Carl Rogers:

Can I let myself enter fully into the world of his feelings and personal meanings and see these as he does? Can I step into his private world so completely that I lose all desire to evaluate or judge it? Can I enter it so sensitively that I can move about in it freely, without trampling on meanings which are so precious to him? Can I sense it so accurately that I can catch not only the meanings of his experience which are obvious to him, but those meanings which are only implicit, which he sees only dimly or as confusion? Can I extend his understanding without limit?

Maybe if we would listen more to others then, midah kineged middah, Hashem would listen to our tfillos.


Love and blessings!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile