« Home | Please Daven » | Divine Revelation » | Please Help Me-The Seventholosopopogy » | Please Help Me-The Sixolopogy » | Please Help Me:The Fifthontology » | Unsorted » | Parsha » | Chagim » | Halacha and Gemara » | Women and Marriage »

Connected to the Above

Today I was walking in the Holy Rova [everyday in davening we say that Hashem is "shochen birushalaim" He dwells in Jerusalem, hence the adjective "Holy"]. I noticed a group of children watching a youngster standing next to a tall building with a rope wrapped around him. I asked the children in my thick American-accented hebrew [over 20 years in Israel and the accent remains as American as ever] what is going on. "Snappelling" I was told. [That's how you say it in hebrew, too.] "Isn't it dangerous?" I asked. "No, he's connected by rope to the top of the building". "So" I observed, "when one is connected to what is above he doesn't have to worry about falling."

Or should I say "Above".


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile