« Home | Clinging To The Right Person » | Purpose » | Where Am I Going? » | Sadness » | No Commentary Necessary » | Cheshbon Hanefesh » | A Sure Thing » | Now Is The Time! » | Transcending Death » | In The Beginning... »

Love And Kisses

"Yishakeini minishikos pihu" - Kiss me with the kisses of your mouth - Shir Hashirim.

We want Hashem to kiss us. Beautiful! But why kissES - plural. Why isn't one enough?

There are two aspects of the relationship between husband and wife. 1] She is connected to him. 2] She is separated from any other man.

Imagine the scene: Chosson and Kallah in the yichud room. A man walks in and says, "Don't mind me. I will just sit here in the corner and read my newspaper." He sits down and begins humming to himself while reading about the latest "important" sports news. Sorry Charlie, that is not appropriate!

We are married to Hashem. It is inappropriate that anybody else should encroach on the relationship. If there is anything that comes between us, then the relationship is destroyed. Does my TV come between me and Hashem? What about my subscription to Sports Illustrated? Other examples? The intelligent reader knows.

There are two commandments: 1] I am Hashem, 2] Don't have other Gods. Two aspects of the relationship.

Two kisses.

I hope we all remain faithful.

[Based on R' Pinkus' sefer on Chinuch]


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile