« Home | I Am In Love !! » | I find it difficult to rely on the Manhattan Eruv » | Part 2 - What is in a name » | But life can throw you a lot of curveballs!! » | An Unparalleled Spiritual Epidemic! » | The Rambam Qualifies! » | WE WANT MOSHIACH - NOW OR GRADUALLY? » | Dying To Teach Torah » | Happy New Year! » | To Love Somebody »

"Knavery And Flattery Are Blood Relations" - Avrohom Lincoln

Goodness gracious!!! We know that the Torah is a Torah of life. We are exhorted "Vchai bahem". Human life supercedes all but the three cardinal sins. A corpse is impure. We vehemently oppose death!!!

How tacken aback I was to see that Rabbeinu Yonah in his classic of Halacha and Mussar "Shaarei Teshuva" [shaar shlishi/188] writes that one must put oneself in mortal danger in order not to transgress the prohibition against flattering the wicked [i.e "Gee Mr. Hussein, you are a really swell guy"]. But it is not one of the three cardinal sins so how do we explain the stringency?


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile