« Home | The Limits Of Merriment » | Solving The Identity Crisis Of The Last Day Of Shvat » | Besides Everything Else - Haman Was VERY Materiali... » | Oz Vi'Chedva Bimikomo [Strength and JOY in Hashem'... » | Wear A Smile And Have Friends, Wear A Scowl And Ha... » | "Honesty Pays, But It Doesn't Seem To Pay Enough T... » | "Send Your Bread Out On The Waters, For You Will F... » | Mussar Sefarim » | Refuah But Not Yet Shelaimah » | What Does An Appendix Have To Do With Tosaphos? »

Shvat's Identity Crisis

Regarding the question I asked about the status of the 30th of Shvat which is also Rosh Chodesh Adar - It would seem to be a matter of dispute amongst the Poskim. I talk about it [among other things] in greater detail in the "Chagim" section in the shiur entitled "Mishloach Monkeys".

Incidentally, during the shiur I mentioned the opinion that one does not fulfill ones obligation if they send Mishloach Manos to a minor [affectionately known as a "katan", but my son Simcha takes umbrage when I call him "katan"]. I neglected to mention that this too is debated by the Poskim.

Faithfully Yours

Elchanan ben Henna Miriam


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile