« Home | Maybe It Is Better Not To Ask » | Holiday Activities » | A Case Of Mistaken Identity » | Safedian Inconsistency - The Answer » | Torah And Tefillah » | A Sad Night In Jerusalem » | When It Hurts » | "I Hope I Get An Upgrade On My Flight To Israel" » | Angry People » | Newly Posted Audio Shiurim »

Praying For Success in Torah Study

There is a special prayer that is said upon entering the Beis Medrash to study Torah. There is another prayer that is said upon leaving. [The Aharonim add that even if one learns at home, he should still say it at the beginning and end of his learning]. These prayers are not merely customary but obligatory [Shulchan Aruch 110/8]. For whatever strange reason many people don't seem to say these prayers. There is no reason not to say them. In many gemaros you can find the prayer on the inside cover. Many Batei Medrash have a plaque on the wall with this prayer.

The prayer said upon leaving the Beis Medrash especially resonates with me. It is a nightly reminder what a meaningful life I am lucky enough to live.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile