« Home | A Fast Shabbos » | When Redemption Costs - Answer » | An Interesting Question - Two Interesting Answers » | Redemption Costs » | Pro-Creation: Answer » | A Rebbe For Torah Only? » | An Interesting Question » | Obesity » | Signs » | Burning Question - Answer »

Why So Many "Eyes"

I know that I sinned. Why do I have to verbalize it? Throughout the Ten Days Of Repentance [known amongst Chinese converts to Judaism as "aseres yemei teshuva"] I will be confessing over and over and over again. [Ahhhhhh ah eye yai yai yai ahhhhahha eye yai yai ahhhaha eye yai yai - Ashamnu .......] Let me just acknowledge my sins in my mind and heart!

Speech has a special power! Say something out loud and it will make a greater impression on you than merely thinking it. Try this: Look in a mirror and say something positive such as "I love you" or "You look great" or "It's great to be alive" or "You are somebody very special". How does that make you feel? I believe that it can have a powerful effect on you. Don't wait for someone else to compliment you - compliment yourself!

In the same way, when we express verbally that we have sinned it hits home a lot more than if we would just think it.

Let your speech change who you are. It is within your power.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile