« Home | A Freilichin Tisha B'av! » | Warning: Don't Read If You Dislike Puns! » | Mareh Mikomos » | Shiur On Purity During The Summer [And Winter!] » | Traffic Violations » | The Essence Of A Gadol » | The Insides » | Consolation » | An Act Of Concern For A Stranger » | Avoiding Temptation »

Change Direction

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.

Lao Tzu

Sweetest Friends! A Jew must never be content with his spiritual state. We pine for shleimus - spiritual perfection. To begin to approach that perfection we need to take stock of our life and we may well conclude that in certain areas we need a change. A change in direction. It is often hard but much better than the alternative.

Stagnancy.

May Hashem give us the koach to change.

And to remember the serenity prayer from Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

[Feel free to fill me in, in the comments section.]

The serenity prayer is as follows:

G-d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.


A friend of mine says it a little differently:

G-d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things that should be changed and the wisdom to know the difference.

Reuven - Thanks - you give me serenity!!

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile