« Home | Keeping Perspective » | Small Man Arriving In Big Country » | Arms And Brains » | Big Day » | Let Go » | More Responsibility » | Kefirah On The Internet » | G-d Pays You Back » | True Friendship » | Lay Out The Cash! »

Don't Fear

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

Anne Frank



"Oy, I am afraid!!"

"Atheist."

"What are you getting theological on me for. I just said I am afraid because the Iranians are developing weapons of mass destruction, there are so many diseases going around, I could die suddenly of a heart attack or cardiac arrest [parenthetically - I never understood why the police never show up when somebody has cardiac arrest], my boss might fire me any day etc. etc. There are SO many things of which to be afraid! Why are you calling me an atheist?!"

"I got it from Tehillim! "LiDovid - A song of David, Hashem ori viyishi - G-d is my light and salvation, Mimi ira - whom shall I fear?! Hashem maoz chaya mimi ephchad - G-d is the strength of my life, whom shall I dread?!" If you have G-d, you have nothing to fear. As Rabbi Solveitchick said, on the Yomim Noraim we say "uvicheyn teyn pachdicha" - G-d, instill your fear on Your creation. There are countless fears! One fear erases all others - fear of Hashem. The absence of this fear invites countless others to your doorstep."

May we be zoche not to fear anything or anybody - except for the Source Of Existence!

Love and blessings!!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile