« Home | Please Help Me - The Sequel » | Please Help Me » | Pride » | Maybe » | Horsepower » | Cancer » | The Summer »

Please Help Me - The Trilogy

Is it forbidden to speak lashon hara in the subject of the lashon hara's presence?
This is a machlokes in Erchin 15a. Rabba maintains that it is permitted!!! What is his svara???? Why should it be permitted to slander your fellow just because he happens to be standing there??
Please help me.

[NOTE:The Ramban and Chofetz Chaim both pasken like Abaye that it is ASSUR!!!]

It's possible that R' Yosei, whom Rabboh is following, believes that saying lashon hara in front of the person who is the subject of it is an extremely pointed, and therefore effective, method of tochahah.

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile