« Home | I Don't Want To Be Reuvain!! » | Thoughts By The Moonlight » | When Time Stops - And Life Begins » | Japanese But Jewish » | A Shady Action » | Dating Internationally » | Belief #4: Turning Amen Into A Profound Religious ... » | When Drawing Is Anything But Artistic » | When Silence Is A Lie » | Weddings During Sefirah »

Belief #5 - Searching Relentlessly

If someone wants to increase their belief in G-d they must be TENACIOUS about it. It must consume them. "I CAN'T GO TO THE MOVIES TONIGHT - I AM SEARCHING FOR THE DIVINE!" One must purchase books on the topic and then STUDY them. [I especially recommend 5 volumes of Michtav M'Eliyahu among many other excellent books]. There are many people who buy large quantities of books which just sit quietly on the shelf - untouched. [These people are unfortunately "shomer negiyah" with many of their books.]

Many people in the business world work 18 or 20 hours a day in the search for money. Finding G-d is no less important. And requires no less effort.

אם תבקשנה ככסף וכמטמונים תחפשנה אז תבין יראת ה' ודעת אלוקים תמצא - משלי ב, ד-ה


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile