« Home | A Tikkun For A Common Sin » | Giving Generously » | Taking Advantage Of Our Freedom To Choose » | The Source Of Happiness » | When Pure Becomes Impure » | A Jew Went Off The Derech And - Unhappy Ending » | I Am Rich! I Must Be Righteous Too » | Hear Ya Loud And Clear - But Is That Enough? » | Not Childs Play » | Party Hearty »

Bad Pitching

Clark Griffith was the owner of Washington's first baseball team, the Senators. He once remarked "Fans like home runs - and we have assembled a pitching staff to please our fans."

Very often we do things that are detrimental to ourselves in order to please the "fans" [parents, friends etc.]. Remember, after 120 years we will become aware that only Hashem's opinion really mattered. So we must act and make decisions accordingly! That is not to say that we should ignore everyone else but that we should not just spend our lives being people pleasers.

If you are one, chances are that you are quite unhappy.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile