« Home | When Pure Becomes Impure » | A Jew Went Off The Derech And - Unhappy Ending » | I Am Rich! I Must Be Righteous Too » | Hear Ya Loud And Clear - But Is That Enough? » | Not Childs Play » | Party Hearty » | Kohen Gadol Can't Leave - Why Not? - Answer » | Haunted » | Avrohom Dovid Moses HY"D » | Kohen Gadol Can't Leave - Why Not? »

The Source Of Happiness

The great Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard wrote: A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him.

Listen to this man. He knows! Danishes are delicious - especially cheese danishes, yet he teaches us that happiness lies not in something external such as delectable edibles but within ourselves!

The pasuk says: "Tzur livavee vichelkee li'olam" - The rock of my heart and my portion forever. The medrash explains "Who is in the heart of the Jew - The Rock of Israel - G-d Himself."

Another pasuk says "Oz vichedva bimikomo" - Strength and JOY are in His place. In the place of Hashem there is only joy. We can access that place - it is within us.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile