« Home | An Interview With Achashveirosh » | Doron: A True Tzaddik » | Look At My Beloved Children » | Remember Zachor » | For Those Who Use Their Sense Of Hearing For Spiri... » | Wisdom That Cannot Be Acquired At An Ivy League Un... » | A Valuable Lesson From Haman » | When Color Doesn't Matter » | Celebrating Peace » | We Are Simply Miraculous! »

Kohen Gadol Can't Leave - Why Not?

The Rambam says [klei mikdash 5/7] that the Kohen Gadol is never allowed to leave the Old City of Yerushalayim - even for a moment. Sounds great to me and I am not even a Kohen. I would LOVE never to leave the Old City! [I like to think that I am "stoned" - Jerusalem Stoned.] But where does the Rambam get this from? There is no such gemara?!

More to come bl"n.

vayikra 21:12?

It says min "hamikdash" not Yerushalayim - the kohen gadol is definitely allowed to leave the mikdash. It is talking about leaving for the funeral of a relative lest he become tamei [see sanhedrin 18]

Wasn't this an earlier post?

i have to agree with will

I thought so too but I did a search and didn't find it.

Its a Meshech Chachmah This weeks Parsha but the Minchas Chinuch says His talmid told him a teretz so good he wrote it in his Rambam. No Mekor but its a Din in the Korban He brought Everyday and it needs Lina

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile