« Home | Swearing Can Be A Good Thing - A "Shavuos" Thought... » | You Live In A [Potential] Beis Hamikdash, Mr. Cohen » | Tisha B'av Kasher Vi 'Sameach?? » | Looking Inside » | Is Fit To Print, Fit To Read » | Fixing The Heart » | Find Out! » | Faulty Analogy » | Sweetest Friends: For those who want to surf in Ke... » | Welcome! »

The Road To Serenity

"G-d, grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference."

The Serenity Prayer


Sweetest friends!! Do you want to be happy? Stop trying to change [also known as "control", but "change" sounds nicer] people around you. You become an "Adam Hashalem" [complete person] yourself and that will make a far greater impression than trying to impose your viewpoint upon others. Let people be who they are. I often repeat to myself a line that was told to me by a friend who was studying social work, "Accept the patient as he is." Everyone is a LITTLE bit meshuggena, so let them be! We are just people. Fallible and at times even foolish.

Accept the patient as he is.

By the way, "the patient" includes ....... you. Accept yourself as being imperfect. Then get to the business of trying to perfect yourself.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile