« Home | Big Day! » | Gotta Do Somethin' To Save Our Marriage » | Judaism Is Not A Hobby » | Special Shiur!! » | Don't Despair » | The Car That Couldn't Make Up It's Mind » | May G-d Always Save Us!!! » | The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. ... » | A Constant Celebration » | A Problem Or An Answer? »

Back Home!!

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."

"To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude."

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."




I have returned Baruch Hashem from my two day excursion to the U.S. The Shulchan Aruch rules "Mefarsimim Osei Mitzva" [one should publicize those who do mitzvos] so I feel an obligation to thank all of those fine people who gave me rides: Yoni Wachspress, Michael Simons [who drove me past the old Yankee Stadium, known as "The House That Ruth Built" - how apropo! This was two days after we read Megillas Rus, which concludes with the birth of King David and his Malchus - Malchus Beis Dovid "The House That Ruth Built"!!!], Chaim Laufer, Dori Binyamin Levin, Yoav Goldstoff and a nice black man who drives a cab for a living [he looked at me funny when I asked him at the end of the ride "kama ze oleh?"]. Also many people offered me rides and that was greatly appreciated as well [especially Jonathan Weitzman].

The greatest thank you goes to Avraham Yitzchak Jaspan [HECHAA'AAASAN] and Yosef Ezra Jaspan who organized everything. They were exceptionally concerned with my well being and it was touching. I hope that I can somehow repay all of the kindness bestowed upon me.

It was also GREAT seeing so many friends.

Also, since my home is in Israel, I had no place to sleep, so I had to spend two nights sleeping in Central Park! Fortunately, my parents have an apartment there so I was much more comfortable than I would have been had I slept on a park bench. This is in addition to hosting me [free of charge!!] for the first 16 years of my life in their home. My mother gets an added thank you for shlepping me around for nine full months until I was ready to make my grand entrance. [What is interesting is that people tell me that I haven't gained much weight since then :).]

A major Mazel Tov to Avraham Yitzchak and Hila Jaspan, Shalom Yaakov [a VERY precious Neshama] and Rachel Hopkowitz [whose wedding I attended on Monday night in Staten Island] and to my old friend Michael Eisenberg whose son Yeshayahu was Bar-Mitzvahed this past Shabbos in Yerushalayim [with the famous Miami Boys Choir star and old MTA classmate Jonathan Paley davening a beautiful Mussaf]. As a child I spent many a Shabbos afternoon at the Eisenberg's and they always treated me so nicely.

In addition, I want to thank all of the people who approached me and told me that they visit alleyways and listen to my shiurim on YUTORAH. It is a great source of chizzuk knowing that people are benefiting in some way from the efforts and time I invest in trying to inject some spirituality into our material world. Sometimes I get an email, phone call or meet a person who gained something from me and I must tell you that it is a tremendous source of simcha and reinvigorates me.

So, to rephrase a famous expression "If you have something nice to say - say it!" This applies to anyone and everyone. We don't realize the power of our words.

"Maves Vi'chaim Bi'yad Halashon".

Love and blessings sweetest friends!!!!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile