« Home | Making Your Sefirah Count - Twice » | Belief - Introduction » | A Girl With An Apple » | When Gelt Is A Person's Whole Velt [World] » | Comfort » | Why Don't We Lash? - Answer » | Pessach:Our Miraculous Redemption » | The Secret Of Keeping A Secret » | Why Don't We Lash? » | Gentiles Doing Biyur Chametz?! What's The Point!!... »

Belief #1

The very first step is HUMILITY. Knowing our limits. How can one achieve humility?

Let's say that you wake up one morning and are told that you are slated to give a lecture to post-doctoral candidates from Harvard on the topic of quantum physics. Would you be able to give an informative lecture to this group? How about Zoology? Botany? On how many topics would you consider yourself a world expert. About myself I like to say that I know nothing about just about everything and almost nothing about a few things! And even if I would encompass all of what human beings have discovered to date there would be SO MUCH that I don't know! Scientists don't even fully understand a single cell!!!

I have met people who think they know it all. A-R-R-O-G-A-N-C-E. It gives off a odious smell.

So if one wants to grow in their faith in G-d they must remember - they are very limited.

Which arouses within one a desire to know He Who Is Unlimited.

"Show me a man who knows not his weakness and I'll show you a weak man"
---L.P. Forneaux III

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile