« Home | Getting High In Shul » | Cancer » | Maybe It Is Better Not To Ask - My Suggested Answer » | Frozen Kallah - No. Frozen Challah - Yes » | Eulogy for Rav Podolsky » | Can Kohanim Eat On Yom Kippur? » | Torah Is Poison » | Praying For Success in Torah Study » | Maybe It Is Better Not To Ask » | Holiday Activities »

Can Kohanim Eat On Yom Kippur? - Answer

Rav Elchanan Wasserman [Kovetz Shiurim Pesachim 197] explains that the law that a sacrifice must be kosher [min hamuttar liĆ½israel] means that the food itself must be intrinsically permitted. But if the food is only forbidden for an external reason such as Yom Kippur ["yoma ka-garim"], it may be brought as a korban.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile