« Home | Looking Inward » | Painful Loss » | A New [Yet Ancient] Perspective » | The Holy Land » | The End Is Close » | Greater Than An Angel » | Get To Know Him » | There Is Hope » | Davening Should Be Smoking » | Special Visitor »

Am Yisrael Chai!!!!!!!!

A great quote for Chanukah that I saw when reading an article on the parsha from the Chief Rabbi of England's website [Miketz 5768, ayain shom].

"I remember how the materialist interpretation of history, when I attempted in my youth to verify it by applying it to the destinies of peoples, broke down in the case of the Jews, where destiny seemed absolutely inexplicable from the materialistic standpoint . . . Its survival is a mysterious and wonderful phenomenon demonstrating that the life of this people is governed by a special predetermination, transcending the processes of adaptation expounded by the materialistic interpretation of history. The survival of the Jews, their resistance to destruction, their endurance under absolutely peculiar conditions and the fateful role played by them in history: all these point to the particular and mysterious foundations of their destiny."

Nicholas Berdyayev

Good Shabbos sweetest friends


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile