« Home | Cold - But Pure » | Sunset And Face Falling » | Coffee And Wine » | Poor Substitutes » | It Won't Make You Happy » | A Silver Lining » | Be A Partner In The Mitzva Of Pidyon Shvuyim » | Am Yisrael Chai!!!!!!!! » | Looking Inward » | Painful Loss »

Be Strong!!

This Shabbos I am making a siyyum!!! Mazel Tov to me! Mazel Tov to you also! You, too are making a siyyum. I am referring of course to Sefer Bereishis.

When we finish [how can that be if we have never been to Finland? Every Finish person I know is from Finland!] we will say "Chazak Chazak Vinischazeik" ["my mother baked a chocolate cake" is a later addition]. Why do we say this phrase??

I thought to suggest the following: The phrase is taken from a pasuk [Shmuel Beis 10/12] where Yoav tells the Jews before they fight against Ammon "Be strong and let us strengthen ourselves [chazak vinichazeik] for the sake of our people and for the sake of the cities of our G-d." Maybe we are saying "We just finished a book of Torah. That is WONDERFUL. But we must not forget about Am Yisrael and Eretz Yisrael. The true realization of Torah is when Am Yisrael is keeping it in Eretz Yisrael. The Holy Triad: Toras Yisrael, Am Yisrael and Eretz Yisrael!! "Our people and the cities of our G-d."

See a different approach here from the Holy Rav Ozer Shlita. And once I am already sending you to graze in "foreign" pastures - check this out. Awesome!

Good Shabbos beloved friends!!


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile