« Home | I Hope That My Kids Don't Inherit Me Anytime Soon » | Ally'sSimchas.Com » | Terutz Talk » | State of the Union Address » | What Type Of Birthday Cake Would He Eat? » | "Knavery And Flattery Are Blood Relations" - Avroh... » | I Am In Love !! » | I find it difficult to rely on the Manhattan Eruv » | Part 2 - What is in a name » | But life can throw you a lot of curveballs!! »

The Taming Of The Shrew

The story is told about a woman who was a real shrew. Nobody wanted to marry her until one fellow came around who was willing to marry her. When asked why he explained "If I have a horrible wife I will not be punished in the next world for I will have received my punishment right here and will be able to go immediately to Gan Eden."

It turns out that she was terrific. She was a sweet, kind, caring, loving and doting wife. When asked what caused the sudden change she said "I will not give him the pleasure of going straight to Gan Eden ....."

Moral of the story: Sometimes a person can do many acts of kindness but can- at the same time - hate the receipient of the kindness. Indeed our Rabbis teach us that during the Second Beis Hamikdash the Jews performed acts of kindness for each other and yet the Beis Hamikdash was still destroyed because they HATED each other. Chessed and hatred - not a contradiction.

Our job is not only to be kind to others but to truly love them.

With love and brotherhood to all my sweetest friends

Elchanan ben Henna Miriam

thus "... l'kadesh et amo yisrael b'ahava"

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile