« Home | You Give Me 22 Minutes I Can't Promise To Give You... » | The Taming Of The Shrew » | I Hope That My Kids Don't Inherit Me Anytime Soon » | Ally'sSimchas.Com » | Terutz Talk » | State of the Union Address » | What Type Of Birthday Cake Would He Eat? » | "Knavery And Flattery Are Blood Relations" - Avroh... » | I Am In Love !! » | I find it difficult to rely on the Manhattan Eruv »

Zeh Ally? A Mispronunciation

There is a Mitzva from the Torah to assimilate the attributes of Hashem. Just as Hashem is compassionate so too should we be compssionate etc. etc. Among other sources we derive this from a pasuk in this weeks parsha "zeh keli vanvehu" - a pasuk sung during "az yashir".

The question is why specifically during the splitting of the sea did the Jews learn that we must adapt Divine Attributes? It could have been taught at any other time. There must be some connection between the event and the Mitzva.

I saw one of the most remarkable articles in my life on this question in the Pachad Yitzchak - Pessach ch. 56. See there and enjoy!!!!!!

could there be a connection to the medrash (along the lines) of HKBH saying 'my creations are being destroyed and you sing praises?!'

Post a Comment


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile