« Home | Nice - But Too Late » | Jewish Math » | How To Commit A Large Number Of Transgressions All... » | allyswords.com » | Gettingintouch.com » | A Blessed Day Is Near » | Alleyways Goes Vocal » | Yom Yerushalayim » | If The Succah Needs A Mezuza, It Isn't A Succah?! ... » | Just When You Thought That Eating Cheese Cake Was... »

How To Commit A Large Number Of Transgressions All At Once - Answer

There is a difference between Shabbos and stealing. Melacha on shabbos is determined by the object. Was this object cooked or detached etc. So each shiur is a distinct transgression.


Whereas with respect to stealing the transgression is the damage or harm done to the victim. Gzeilah is one of the 24 primary damages [enumerated in the first perek of Bava Kamma] and the issur is determined by the fact that damage was done to the nigzal. In our case only one act of damage was perpetrated against the victim [and it is not relevant that five prutos were stolen].

Rav Chaim Pinchas Scheinberg Shlita

P.S. If I am not mistaken there is a very interesting article in the latest Beis Yitzchak on the topic of "Ribui B'shiurim". If it was printed please tell me. I have no access to it.


Powered by WebAds
Segula - 40 days at the Kotel

About me

  • I'm Rabbi Ally Ehrman
  • From Old City Jerusalem, Israel
  • I am a Rebbe in Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh.
My profile